Illustrator / Graphic Designer / Teacher
Bronx, NY – (347)-303-3555
Passionate about achieving commercial art and teaching positions that will allow for me to use my skills to express my deepest imagination and creativity while being cooperative and friendly with others. Excellent at communication with co-workers and built to work under extreme pressure and tight deadlines. References available upon request.
Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Photo Retouching, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, After Effects, Flash, Premiere Pro, 2D Rendering, 2D Animation, Drawing, Painting, Inking, Coloring.
UPPERCASE Magazine #39 (artwork featured)
BLACK WESTCHESTER – MARCH 2018: The Women’s History Month Edition (artwork featured)
GIANT – By Mecca Alim | The Bronx Brand (artwork featured)
Library Zine! Build a Better World (artwork featured)
1340art Blog (artwork featured)
A5 Portfolio #3 (June) (artwork featured)
Phoenix Literary Arts Magazine (artworks featured)
ARTSWNEWS (artwork featured)
THE COLLEGE OF WESTCHESTER CHARITABLE FOUNDATION (artwork featured)
Substitute Teacher at The Department of Education- Bronx, NY — 11/2020 – Present
- Classifications include: Special Ed, Reading, Library, Art, and more.
- Working within District 11.
Teaching Artist at The Pelham Art Center- Pelham, NY — 9/2019 – Present
- Teaching “Art Exploration”, “Drawing and Watercolor Illustration” and Anime/Manga Drawing.
- Encouraging enthusiastic 5 to 12 year olds to explore their vivid imaginations through the therapy of art.
Freelance Illustrator and Graphic Designer — 6/2009 – Present
- Clients include All Things Traffic, The Society of Scent, Beatrice Dupire (Theiye), Marilyn Gauthier, Randy Wilkins, Steven Keller, and many more
- Create icons, logos, flyers, label designs, collages, and posters
- Colorist for line art and sketches and draw detailed comic strips and pages
- In charge of scanning, cleaning, retouching, and sharpening work
- Illustrate and digitally render artwork of all sizes
Creative Intern for Beatrice Dupire – Bronx, NY — 7/2017 – 9/2018
- Was Layout designer, Graphic designer and 2D Animator
- Updated PDF presentations and created digital advertisements
- Was in charge of updating Look Books for various clients
- Created engaging promotional ads for social media
Teaching Artist at The Harlem School of the Arts (HSA) – New York, NY — 11/2016 – 1/2018
- Taught “Drawing and Watercolor Illustration,” “Art Start!” and “Art Exploration.”
- Worked with students from the age of two to nine
Graphic design intern at iDesign Group – New Rochelle, NY — 1/2015 – 5/2015
- Worked closely with art director in planning and drafting concepts for clients
- Designed and rendered characters for icons and logos
Academy of Art University – San Francisco, CA – May 2020
Master of Fine Arts – Illustration, Editorial, Advertising, and Children’s Book Emphasis
The College of New Rochelle – New Rochelle, NY – May 2016
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Studio Art
Magna cum laude, 3.7 GPA
The College of Westchester – White Plains, NY – May 2013
Associate of Applied Science – Digital Media
Summa cum laude, 4.0 GPA